Our Family

babies

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bryce Updates!!

Even though he probably won't sleep in it for a few weeks, I have finally got his crib decorated! It has a drawer underneath with sheets and blankets in it that Beaker has decided is a comfy quiet place for him to rest in here!!
I got these letters from Michaels Craft store and painted them with the same paint Tim used on the dresser with some blue plaid ribbon and hung his name up above the dresser!!
So now for the updates!! We went in for the ultrasound on friday morning and they estimated him to be 7 lbs 10 oz that day, it could be off by a little, but they said they're pretty accurate! The tech actually told us that when she saw me she thought I would be all water, but I surprised her when she saw thats all baby in this ginormous belly!
Right afterwards, we went to see the doctor and he explained to us that Bryce is a fat baby, his head is measuring a week a head which was nothing to worry about, but his belly already was measuring 40 weeks at 36 and that he was worried about Bryce getting stuck when being born. He went on to say that he will willing to deliver normally but there are going to be risks if he does get stuck, he will be able to get him out, but with possible damage to Bryces nerves or collar bone. (shoulder dystocia). Our other option is to schedule a c - section.
I did want to avoid a c-section because I was afraid of recovery and having a newborn and how was I going to be able to handle everything, but after a lot of thought and prayers and talking to a couple of women who have had c-sections recently, we have decided to go ahead and schedule it. I am very lucky to have family so close and so willing to help out. I could not myself take the risk of anything happening to our son during birth just because I didnt want to have surgery. Even if the risk of a shoulder dystocia and palsy is not high, it was still there.
So we go back this friday to let him know what we want to do and set the date, hopefully for the end of next week or beginning of the next! So the next post you see, we will know when Bryces birthday will be! I cant wait!!
Here are the couple of pictures they took during the ultrasound, poor thing is so squished in there, it is no wonder I have acid reflux 24/7! The first and last pictures are face pictures and with the middle one, I had them make sure he was indeed a boy!! (I got paranoid when I saw a baby story the other day and they were told it was a boy and turned out to be a girl!!)
I have been trying to upload the short little video she took that shows his chubby legs and belly and feet, but I havnt quite figured it out yet! But soon we'll have the real thing which is much better!

3 comments:

The Tenner Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Tenner Family said...

Yea for updates! I think it's great that you're going to go ahead and schedule a C-section.

Here are my two reasons why: 1.)My good friend had a C-section, and it seemed she healed pretty quickly--quicker than I was completely healed.
2.) There is something to be said for knowing exactly when your child will be born. Believe me, as I know first-hand, it's not exactly the most fun you are surprised two weeks early with your water breaking, not having a suitcase packed or not having everything ready for your little bundle of joy!! There's something to be said for predictability!

Remember: God never gives us more than we can handle!

I can't wait to hear about the next sonogram and Bryce's birthday!

Lisa said...

HEY GUYS!!! I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR BRYCE IS A HEALTHY, FAT BABY! CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHEN HIS BIRTHDAY WILL BE. THEN HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND OUT WHEN I CAN COME DOWN TO MEET HIM, AND SEE ALL OF YOU. YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT. LOVE THE RED. IT SOUNDS LIKE A C-SECTION IS THE RIGHT OPTION AND YOU MADE A GOOD CHOICE. LOVE YOU ALL. LISA AND KELLY